April Checklist: What Should I Be Doing Now?
At this point in the cycle, it is important to stay motivated.
- If you are studying for the MCAT, keep up the great work, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
- Wrap up letter of recommendation requests: Each person you intend to ask for a letter of recommendation should be notified via email, phone or in person (COVID permitting).
- Prepare a resume and supporting documents (précis) to aid your letter writers.
- Outline and write your personal statement.
- Outline and write your work/activities.
- Prepare for and schedule the situational judgment tests that many schools require: CASPer and AAMC SJT
- Journal daily to archive content for essays and interviews – respond to these three questions:
- What surprised me?
- What touched me?
- What inspired me?